Choosing a name for your canine is an important decision. It’s often the first thing people notice about your new best friend, but it’s not always easy to find one that stands out in a crowd. Here are some suggestions on nature-inspired names and color-inspired names that might help give you inspiration when naming your pup!
The “names for blue eyed dogs male” is a list of names that are inspired by nature, color and movies.
It’s possible that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. The businesses featured in this article may pay us money or provide us with things.
Have you recently adopted a dog with blue eyes? If that’s the case, you’ll need to come up with a great name for your canine companion quickly; you don’t want to be stuck calling your dog “Poochy” for the rest of their lives!
If you’re looking for a unique name for your new puppy, have a look at some of the wonderful blue-eyed dog names listed below.
Few things can compare to the joy of obtaining a new puppy! However, naming the aforementioned puppy (unless you already have a list of favored names to select from) might be a little tough! Don’t worry if you haven’t planned as far ahead as you’d want.
It’s important to take your time when naming a puppy since you’ll be using that name to refer to your dog for the rest of their life.
As a result, the greatest dog names are brief, simple to say, and easy to remember for a dog. A decent dog name should also not sound like any other command or technique you’ll teach your puppy throughout training, such as “sit” or “stay.”
If you’re having trouble coming up with a name for your blue-eyed dog that fits all of those criteria, I’m here to assist!
I’ll give my final list of excellent names for dogs with blue eyes in this post, which will fit any blue-eyed dog of any breed, age, or gender. I’ll also give you some pointers on how to come up with the appropriate name for your new dog. Let’s get started, shall we?
What Should A Dog With Blue Eyes Be Called?
Many fantastic names for dogs with blue eyes may be found in the list below! I’ve categorized them into many categories to help you select a nice name for your dog.
You’ll also discover a short description of each name to help you decide whether or not that name is appropriate for your dog.
Names Inspired by the Color Blue
Because there are so many shades of blue, you’ll almost certainly find the precise term for the hue of your dog’s eyes in the list below. If you keep reading, you could find yourself naming your dog in a matter of minutes!
1. Azure is the clean sky’s blue hue.
2. Capri — a blue sky with a richer hue.
3. Cobalt – a blue pigment created by combining cobalt oxide and aluminum oxide in a sintering process.
4. Cyan is a blue hue that is halfway between blue and green.
Indigo is a unique color combination of purple and blue.
6. Teal — a deep bluish-green hue that inspired the Eurasian teal bird’s name.
7. Ocean – alludes to the ocean’s calm blue tint on a bright day.
8. Admiral – a deep hue of navy blue.
9. Arctic – an ice blue colour that is bright and clean.
10. Denim — an old and worn pair of jeans with a distinct hue.
11. Aegean – a specific blue with grey and green undertones.
12. Navy is an extremely dark blue color.
13. Royal – a deep, rich, and vibrant blue tint
14. Space — a deep purplish blue with swirls
Yale is a deep azure color.
16. Zaffre is a deep blue pigment made from cobalt ore that is roasted.
17. Skye – a lighter blue than azure, which is often used to depict the sky around midday.
Powder is an extremely pale blue colour that is a paler variant of cobalt blue.
19. Oxford – the University of Oxford’s official color.
20. Alice – a delicate azure blue that is nearly ice blue.
Cool Dog Names With Blue Eyes
Blue-eyed dogs have a plethora of intriguing names to choose from. This list is for you if you’re searching for a cool name for your fantastic canine.
1. Aegir, the Norse sea deity
2. Afina – in Romanian, Afina means “blueberry.”
3. Akash – a name from India that meaning “sky.”
4. Ambreen – the Arabic word for sky
5. Ariel, the Disney movie’s mermaid with blue eyes
6. Azura – a Spanish term for sky blue hue and a somewhat different variant of azure.
7. Berry – derived from the blueberry, a tiny, bluish fruit.
8. Bleu is a French word that means “blue.”
9. Brook — a tiny wooded brook with pure water.
10. Caspian – a reference to the Caspian Sea in Central Asia.
11. Capri – the Mediterranean sea’s hue
Celeste is a beautiful blue tint of the night sky.
Calvin is named after Calvin Klein, a well-known blue-jeans brand.
Denim is a blue-colored fabric that is used to produce jeans.
Darya is a Persian word that means “sea.”
Diesel is a jeans and clothing company.
17. Dory, the animated blue fish from “Finding Nemo” who is cheerful yet forgetful.
Frank – named after Frank Sinatra, who was known for his dazzling blue eyes.
19. Haf – the Icelandic word for “ocean”
20. Han – a blue color that was utilized in imperial artworks.
Hitomi is a Japanese word that meaning “blue eyes.”
The blue jay, a bird endemic to eastern North America, is represented by the number 22.
Kai is a Hawaiian word that means “sea.”
Lir/Ler (Irish mythology) is a sea deity.
25. Levis – named after Levi Strauss, the founder of the first blue jeans manufacturer.
Livie is a girl’s name that means “blue color.”
Lynn (lake, stream, or waterfall) is number 27.
28. Maris – a name derived from the Latin word maris, which means “sea”
29. Mizu – a Japanese word that means “water.”
30. Miku – a Japanese word that means “beautiful sky.”
31. Neptune – a blue planet in our solar system and a deity of the sea in Roman mythology.
32. Periwinkle blue (short for periwinkle)
Polar is the hue of ice in the Arctic Circle.
Ridley sea turtles (number 34) are a kind of marine turtle.
35. Robin – a play on the word “shadow” blue robin’s egg
36. Sky – the sky may be many different colours of blue depending on the weather and time of day.
37. Smalt — cobalt oxide-colored blue glass
38. Tiffany – the light blue hue associated with Tiffany & Co.’s jewelry box.
Ula – a name that means “sea gem”
40. Wrangler – a strong cowboy jeans brand
Blue-Eyed Dog Names Inspired by Nature
When it comes to naming blue-eyed dogs, nature is often utilized as a source of inspiration. There are several flowers, animals, bodies of water, and other items that may be used to create exquisite, one-of-a-kind, and sophisticated names for blue-eyed dogs.
1. Atasi — a blue-purple flower
2. Aster, sometimes called as Alpine aster, is a star-shaped blue bloom.
3. Bluebell – a vibrant blue bloom (with a great sounding dog name!)
4. Thistle — a blue bloom that looks like a pompom.
Flax is a little, lovely blue bloom.
Frosty is a cute name for a dog with frosty blue eyes.
7. Frosty Is also a good option for puppies with icy eyes.
8. Iris – a long-stemmed purplish-blue flower
9. Macaw – a parrot with a bright blue hue.
10. Peacock — a bird with distinctive azure feathering.
Veronica is a blue flower that comes in a variety of colors.
12. Watson, a Prescott, Arizona, lake
A lovely blue seabird, the heron, is number thirteen.
14. Gentian is a deep blue ground-covering flower.
15. Lobelia — a cool-weather flower that is simple to cultivate.
Names Inspired by Blue Gemstones
If you’re still stumped on what to call your blue-eyed dog, consider a stunning gemstone-inspired name. Remember that many of these names may be simply abbreviated to one or two syllables!
Agate is a popular gemstone that comes in a variety of hues, including blue.
2. Aquamarine – this gemstone is noted for its watery blue and green colours that resemble the ocean’s depths.
Kyanite is a blue aluminosilicate mineral that may be found in sedimentary rocks.
4. Lapis Lazuli — a semi-precious stone with a vivid blue tint.
5. Larimar is a rare blue variant of the silicate mineral pectolite.
6. Sapphire — one of the most prominent blue gemstones and a wonderful name for dogs with blue eyes.
Tanzanite is a rare and valuable gemstone with deep blue and violet colors.
Topaz is a popular gemstone that comes in a variety of hues.
Opal is a kind of silica that comes in a variety of vibrant hues, including blue.
10. Akoya – as in the very rare blue Akoya pearls
11. Labradorite — a valuable gemstone that is said to increase a wearer’s self-assurance.
12. Spinel – a gemstone that comes in a variety of hues and is becoming more popular.
Names Inspired by Characters
Many blue characters from movies, literature, video games, and TV programs may be used as names for blue-eyed canines, as shown below.
If you don’t discover the right name for your dog here, they may at least encourage you to hunt for a more character-appropriate name!
1. Abe Sapien — a Hellboy blue fictional character
2. Avatar – inspired by the film of the same name
3. Bubbles, the blue Powerpuff Girl from the superhero cartoon TV series
4. Buster, the Tiny Toon Adventures blue bunny who loves to have a good time.
5. Genie – like in the Aladdin movie’s fictitious blue Jinn
6. Smurfette – one of the Smurfs’ key characters
7. Huckleberry – like in the famous cartoon Huckleberry Hound
8. Mordecai, a blue jay bird from the television show Regular Show.
Stitch, the naughty blue alien from the Lilo & Stitch films, is number nine.
10. Tiny Toon Adventures’ Furrball, a blue homeless cat
Marge (as in Marge Simpson) is number eleven.
Raven (from the X-Men films and comic books) is number twelve.
Ronan (from the Guardians of the Galaxy) is number thirteen.
14. Aylaa — a Star Wars character famed for her blue skin and unusual attractiveness.
15. Hank – from the X-Men films, the blue beast
The Best Ways To Pick The Right Dog Name
Many individuals struggle to come up with a name for their dog. That’s hardly surprising, given the fact that the dog will be “stuck” with their name for the rest of its life.
Here are a few things to consider while picking the right name for your new puppy:
- Choose a name with a vowel at the end. When you call your dog by these names, the tone changes. When teaching recall to your puppy, this may make a major impact since a name that ends in a vowel sound will quickly grab your dog’s attention.
- Avoid using names that may be mistaken for instructions. “Ray,” for example, is readily misconstrued with “remain.” Consider the name you want to give your dog, and if it sounds too much like a command, consider a different name.
- If you already have other dogs, choose a name that isn’t too similar to theirs. The names shouldn’t be too similar for the dogs to become confused and respond to the incorrect one. Theo and Charli are alright, but Harley and Marley aren’t.
Good Names For Blue Eyed Dogs: Frequently Asked Questions
What do you think a decent name for a blue dog should be?
Calvin, Denim, Diesel, Levi, Wrangler, Navy, Admiral, Polar, Ridley, and Frosty are some of the greatest and most distinctive names for male blue-eyed dogs.
Atasi, Agave, Bluebell, Azure, Indigo, Mavi, Sandy, Icky, Doli, and Blau are some of the greatest and most distinctive female names for blue-eyed dogs.
These ideas are just meant to get you started; if you don’t find anything you like here, keep exploring and be creative!
What should I call my husky with blue eyes?
Blue-eyed Siberian huskies have a lot of intriguing names. You may name your dog Icy, Frosty, Cobalt, Azul, Polar, Capri, Caspian, Blaze, or Cyan, depending on the sort of name you’re going for.
You could enjoy Dev, Elara, Jaylin, Iris, Tiffany, Celeste, or Maya if you’re looking for a female husky.
What is the probability of seeing a blue-eyed dog?
Blue eyes may be seen in a variety of dog breeds, including Australian shepherds, border collies, ancient English sheepdogs, and Welsh and Pembroke corgis.
Blue eyes, on the other hand, are the product of a recessive gene in all of these situations.
This implies that both parents must have a copy of the recessive gene in order for a puppy to inherit blue eyes. Blue-eyed dogs are uncommon as a result of this, although they’re not impossible to locate.
What do you call a blue-eyed female dog?
Female canines with blue eyes have a lot of cute names.
You could want to name your dog Akira, Alice, Berry, Darya, Diana, Jean, Mira, Montana, Peri, Raven, Skye, or Ula, depending on the sort of name you choose.
It’s frequently easier said than done to come up with the appropriate name for your new dog.
Using your dog’s physical characteristics, such as the color of their coat or eyes, might help you come up with a unique name for your pet.
If you’re still having trouble coming up with a name for your blue-eyed dog, you can always refer to our list of the finest blue-eyed dog names.
Above all, remember the following while naming your dog:
- Choose a short, easy-to-pronounce name.
- Use names that don’t sound like obedience orders.
- When you call your dog, choose a brief name that will get their attention.
Watch This Video-
The “names for blue eyed girl” is a blog that provides names for dogs who have the beautiful color of blue. The blog also has information on colors, nature, and movie inspired names.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should you name a dog with blue eyes?
A: A sky blue Scottish Terrier.
What is the Native American word for blue eyes?
A: The word for blue eyes is pocahontas.
What should I name my dog with pretty eyes?
A: A name like Beautiful Eyes is a common choice for an unusual-looking dog with big eyes.
- unique dog names with blue eyes
- blue eyed pitbull names
- female dog names that mean blue
- male husky names with blue eyes
- name ideas for dogs with heterochromia